A SELF MANAGEMENT PROGRAM FOR ADULTS WITH EPILEPSY
The Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago and the University of Michigan’s Center for Managing Chronic Disease are looking for volunteers to participate in research to test the effectiveness of a program for adults with epilepsy that provides:
- The latest research findings on quality of life and epilepsy.
- Tools and a simple step-wise approach to tackling problems related to epilepsy.
- One – on – one support in selecting and working on a problem that you identify.
- Time to share and socialize with other people living with epilepsy.
1) Two Phone Interviews
- Health interview in April or May 2013.
- Second health interview 10 – 12 months after the first interview.
2) Workshop at the University of Illinois Chicago in Chicago, IL
- Attend a daylong workshop on Saturday, June 22, 2013 in Chicago, IL.
3) Phone Coaching Calls *
- Four scheduled, supportive phone calls in the 2 months following the workshop.
* Half the volunteers will be selected to participate in the workshop and coaching calls. The others will be mailed helpful information about quality of life and epilepsy.
PARTICIPANTS COMPLETING THE RESEARCH STUDY WILL RECEIVE A GIFT CARD WORTH $40.
To participate, you must be an adult who:
- Is at least 21 years old
- Has had a diagnosis of epilepsy for at least one year
- Takes medicine for seizures at least daily
- Is mentally able to participate
Can find one close friend or family member to participate in the research program with you
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SIGN UP FOR THE PROGRAM, PLEASE CONTACT:
Tracy Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-273-6027
For additional information on this and other CDC funded epilepsy self-management research, visit the Managing Epilepsy Well Network website.
Study ID HUM00070305 IRB: Health Science and Behavioral Studies Date Approved 11/15/2012