Welcome to the Community Action Board of Southwest Lake/Cook! We are excited to have you here!
The Community Action Boards of the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago were created so that we could come together and make a difference in the lives of the more than 130,000 people currently living with epilepsy in Illinois. Community Action Boards are the first line of contact for many of the communities we serve. Whether it’s establishing program opportunities, planning event initiatives, or discovering new fundraising opportunities, these powerful action boards build lasting relationships throughout Illinois, and help the Foundation realize its goal of creating a seizure free world.
The Southwest Lake/Cook CAB has been working hard to support EFGC’s programs and raise awareness about the foundation. Over the summer, they took part in the Palatine 4th of July Parade. This was a great opportunity to show their community how important it is to know about epilepsy and what can be done to help. Check out pictures of the group constructing their very own float and then participating in the parade!
They have a busy year ahead… check out their schedule below and see if you would like to take part!
Zip codes included in this region are:
60004, 60005, 60007, 60008, 60010, 60011, 60021, 60047, 60060, 60067, 60074, 60089, 60098, 60107, 60120, 60168, 60169, 60173, 60192, 60193, 60194, 60195, 60867
If you would like to get involved in the Southwest Lake/Cook CAB, please contact Laura Ramser at email@example.com
CAB: Area 6 2012 -2013 Schedule of Events
- 10/13/12 – CAB Meeting
- Update on Events and Projects ( studioe and/or kids support group, Harper involvement, Let’s Talk About It, locations/resources, Ace Hardware and Tag Days, etc.).
- Prepare for November Seminar: Epilepsy 101
- 10/21/12 – Work at Paul’s Run Fundraiser CAB Area 6 table.
- 11/ 10 /12 – CAB Meeting
- Preparation for Epilepsy 101 Workshop
- Update on Events and projects (Kids Support, Harper, Let’s talk About It).
- 11/15/12 – Epilepsy 101 Workshop (Date is tentative determinate on location and speakers)
- CAB Meeting and/or Holiday Party – To be determined
- 1/19/13 – CAB Meeting
- Prepare Proposals and budgets for 4th of July Float and “Let’s Talk About It Dinner”.
- Tag Days Planning – Tables, information, locations (Ace??)
- Walk-A-Thons – Do we want to form one big team this year?
– 2/16/13 – CAB Meeting
- Update and prepare informational packets
- Prepare Proposal and budget for “Let’s Talk About It” dinner – Education and Fundraiser
– 3/16/13 – CAB Meeting
- Prepare for Tag Days and CAB Recruitment
- Event and Project Updates
- (Date to be Determined) Tag Days and CAB Recruitment
- 4/20/13 – CAB Meeting
- Event and Project Updates – Float Assignments
– 5/18/13 – CAB Meeting
- Work on Let’s Talk About It Dinner
- Event and Project Updates
- 6/15/12 – CAB Meeting
- Float preparation and assignments
– Float Building – Dates to be determined
- (Date to be determined) Float in Palatine Fourth of July parade.
– CAB Meeting
- Prepare for Let’s Talk About It Dinner
- CAB Meeting
- Date to be determined: “Let’s Talk About It Dinner” Education and Fundraiser